[Wine] Re: New to Wine - going to get Gothic II & Warcraft III runn

Basinator wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Feb 5 11:23:21 CST 2010

//Edit: Ok, it seems that I first get into a blackscreen (for loading the menu I suppose) for a second or so, sometimes it is switching between desktop and the totally black loading screen.

WC3 version: 1.21b

I already renamed all the movie files.
I have to kill the process then.
I stay at the old screen solution which is used in WC3. IIRC after restarting Ubuntu everything is fine again.

Sometimes, not always, when I manage to start the game, I get the message "The base sound drivers couldn't be initiliazed. The sounds will get deactivated". But sometimes I don't get this message and the sound is working as it should do.