[Wine] Re: Want to use Digital Oszilloscope DSO-2100 at parport LPT1

oiaohm wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Feb 7 06:40:49 CST 2010

NT drivers can still expect iopl permissions at times to be alter on applications so allowing the same thing under Linux we use iopl for. http://www.beyondlogic.org/porttalk/porttalk.htm  Yes this is a open source version of the NT style driver to hack the permission.

Never underestimate windows coders means to hack the OS.   Yes it has the same nightmare risks for Windows as it has for Linux.

ioperm should only be enabled on the applications that really require it.  And only where it should be enabled.

Basically we are in the world of hell here.   Gert van den Berg  No matter what way we go there are going to be some big scary risks.