[Wine] Re: New to wine

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Feb 7 08:27:43 CST 2010

oiaohm wrote:
> By definition yes.  But people place incorrect reports.  I need to be a little clearer in some statements.

So do I.  You're right, of course, people do place incorrect reports--when I see them, I correct them, and leave a comment that the rating has been changed to conform to the rating definitions.

However, the biggest cause of  "false platinums" is not the use of winetricks, but incomplete testing. There are lots of platinum test reports for games that state they did not test multiplayer, and for complex apps like Word or Photoshop, it's not uncommon for a user to test only the most basic functions and give a platinum, ignoring the long list of open bugs that affect features they didn't bother to test.