[Wine] Battlefield 1942 : No Fullscreen, Soundbugs, some lags

Kobe wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Feb 7 18:18:19 CST 2010

Hi there

First I'm pleasant that it runs at all!
I do have installed patches (upto 1.6.19), Intel Core2Quad Q6600, 4 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 260 (Driver Nr. 185.18.36), Intel 82801J Audio (Mainboard Asus P5Q Pro), Ubuntu 9.10 and wine 1.1.38.

But:
1) I can't toggle fullscreen. I configured using virtual screen with resolution 1024x768 (though it is not my full screen) but when it starts it always runs in 800x600 as the last line during start says:

Code:
fixme:dinput:SysMouseAImpl_Acquire Clipping cursor to (0,0)-(800,600)

Any hints how to get a fullscreen mode?

2) Some sounds work correctly some do not. I often find bugreport about soundbugs. Are there any hints or a howto to find the source for the bugs? I'm using OSS instead of ALSA.

3) During game there are some lags. Do you think because of software emulation? E.g. I see sometimes

Code:
fixme:d3d_shader:print_glsl_info_log Error received from GLSL shader #12:
fixme:d3d_shader:print_glsl_info_log     Vertex info
fixme:d3d_shader:print_glsl_info_log     -----------
fixme:d3d_shader:print_glsl_info_log     warning: no vertex attribute is explicitly assigned to vertex attribute zero
fixme:d3d:buffer_PreLoad Too many declaration changes or converting dynamic buffer, stopping converting

But I have lags while there are no such outputs, too.

Maybe u can help me, thanks anyways.

Regards
Kobe