[Wine] Running wine via php

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Mon Feb 8 07:10:40 CST 2010

On Mon, 2010-02-08 at 06:03 -0600, asmith wrote:
> I changed all the env variables and test them, they were all  changed.
> but still no success.

So, exactly what did you do and what error messages did you see? Unless
we see both of these its not exactly easy to help.

> I found this:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1377388/how-to-use-wine-from-apache-php-var-www-is-not-owned-by-you

Are you using any secure Linux features (AppArmour, SELinux, etc)?
If you were using Apache I'd want to know what AllowOverride and Options
arguments are in force for the directory where you're running wine.

As a crude permissions test, will your web server display the web page
containing the <php> tags if you comment them out or replace the wine
command with something like env or ls?

Martin