[Wine] Re: Visual C++ runtime library error

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Feb 8 09:15:31 CST 2010

InterestedParty wrote:
> Hye I been getting the follow error with too many applications now. Half of the programs I try to run spew that error at me while they are said to work perfectly fine with wine.

That error in most cases means you (or the program you installed) copied some msvc runtime dlls (msvc?x.dll & co.) into c:\windows\system32 directory. All newer ones will refuse to load from that dir, displaying the massage you see.

To fix the problem remove those dlls from system32, they belong in c:\windows\winsxs directory tree.