[Wine] Re: Wine on Mac: subpar experience

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Feb 8 17:07:56 CST 2010

I haven't tried using BG1 in Wine.. as I run it in a Cider hack that runs fantastic you can find around the web...

but you could try it in fullscreen mode in Wineskin RC7.

I dont know if it'll work, but I have worked around some issues with using Xquartz X11, and it will change resolutions for you and run in a fullscreen mode...  its currently not geared toward normal Wine usage, just bundling up and making a Mac .app for a specific programs...

wineskin.sourceforge.net

There is little Wine can do about really bad X11 on Mac OS X... besides getting a working quartz driver so that X11 wouldn't be needed....

oh.. you'll have to change the default Wine install in Wineskin down some, and not run the latest versions... run something before I think 1.1.36, as the ones before that have win16 enabled, but later ones do not, since for some reason win16 stopped building on all versions of OSX for me, when it used to build on 10.4 fine.