[Wine] Re: Battlefield 1942 : No Fullscreen, Soundbugs, some lags

jeffz wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Feb 9 05:45:30 CST 2010

Kobe wrote:
> Hi there
>
> First I'm pleasant that it runs at all!
> I do have installed patches (upto 1.6.19), Intel Core2Quad Q6600, 4 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 260 (Driver Nr. 185.18.36), Intel 82801J Audio (Mainboard Asus P5Q Pro), Ubuntu 9.10 and wine 1.1.38.
>
> But:
> 1) I can't toggle fullscreen. I configured using virtual screen with resolution 1024x768 (though it is not my full screen) but when it starts it always runs in 800x600 as the last line during start says:
>
> Code:
> fixme:dinput:SysMouseAImpl_Acquire Clipping cursor to (0,0)-(800,600)
>

> Any hints how to get a fullscreen mode?

You are confused about the behavior of the app I think.   The main menu always uses the same resolution regardless, the settings refer to the resolution in game , not the resolution the game starts with/does intro movies etc.

Kobe wrote:

> 2) Some sounds work correctly some do not. I often find bugreport about soundbugs. Are there any hints or a howto to find the source for the bugs? I'm using OSS instead of ALSA.

It's a problem with calculating the distance of the sounds relative to the listener, it is nothing to do with OSS or ALSA.

Kobe wrote:

> 3) During game there are some lags. Do you think because of software emulation? E.g. I see sometimes
>
> Code:
> fixme:d3d_shader:print_glsl_info_log Error received from GLSL shader #12:
> fixme:d3d_shader:print_glsl_info_log     Vertex info
> fixme:d3d_shader:print_glsl_info_log     -----------
> fixme:d3d_shader:print_glsl_info_log     warning: no vertex attribute is explicitly assigned to vertex attribute zero
> fixme:d3d:buffer_PreLoad Too many declaration changes or converting dynamic buffer, stopping converting
>

> But I have lags while there are no such outputs, too.
>
> Maybe u can help me, thanks anyways.
>
> Regards
> Kobe

What do you mean "lag", lag usually means network latency.
I have never seen any problem with network latency.

As far as framerate, some custom maps perform really poorly but all the ones shipped with the game/patches have been fine for me, on par with windows performance.