[Wine] Gnome wine menu entry gone

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Wed Feb 10 04:33:37 CST 2010

On Tue, 2010-02-09 at 23:44 -0600, vitamin wrote:
> InterestedParty wrote:
> > Besides from grepping my entire hard drive for occurances of wine, which files should I look into?
>

> Code:
>
> find ~/.config/ -name '*wine*'

I think you mean:

<code>

find ~/.config/ -name '*wine*' -print

</code>

Or, this:

<code>

locate wine

</code>

locate is much faster than find and will show all files which have the
search string anywhere in the file's absolute pathname. Its one
limitation is that its scanning a database that's rebuilt overnight by
updatedb, so it won't find any file that's been created since the last
updatedb run. Of course you can always force it to run with

<code>
sudo updatedb
</code>

Martin