[Wine] Re: Office 2007 installer error

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Feb 10 05:45:29 CST 2010

mandriva2010_user wrote:

> The only thing I can think of is that in Mandriva 2010 there are bunch of programs pre-installed like Notepad, File Manager, Mine Sweeper, Reg Editor, etc... many more programs than Kubuntu comes with.
>
> I can't find where to remove the programs in wine.
>
> I noticed other mandriva users have the same problem in the wine wiki thing.

Your console output looks normal.

Notepad, etc., are part of plain Wine. Mandriva may create menu items for them whereas Kubuntu didn't, but that has nothing to do with your problem.

It could, however, be something else Mandriva adds to their package. Office 2007 installs just fine for me in 1.1.38 in openSUSE. Try building Wine from source. If that works, then it's a bug in the Mandriva packages.