[Wine] Re: Battlefield 1942 : No Fullscreen, Soundbugs, some lags

Kobe wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Feb 10 08:43:32 CST 2010

jeffz wrote:
> Yes, the menu resolution is separate from the game resolution.  The fonts ingame are bitmap fonts, not regular fonts, so they can look strange sometimes.  At some resolutions they look normal others off a little from memory.

You're right. On 1024x768 virtual screen it looks fine now.

jeffz wrote:
> The calculation is done in Wine, not in ALSA or OSS, that's why you do not hear some sounds, they "decay" too sharply.  Eg, in the cockpit of a plane vs the camera moving past the engine differs in Windows vs Wine.

But I had difference between ALSA and OSS. With ALSA I couldn't hear hardly any sound but with OSS about 80% correctly. Whyever.

Can't test at the moment because I don't get any sound in wine: Audio test failed. Maybe some other app caught the audio driver?

@vitamin
If I don't set a virtual desktop I get the error:
BF1942 Error: Invalid videomode specified
If I ignore it BF crashes.