[Wine] Microphone Problems

Aiello wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Feb 10 22:20:40 CST 2010

I'm having some problems configuring my microphone to work in Wine. It is a standard analog (not usb) microphone. I'm running Ubuntu 9.04, Wine 1.1.38, and using the ALSA drivers in winecfg.

Although Wine detects my microphone, depending on how I set-up the mixers in ALSAmixer, Windows programs in Wine only pick up static or nothing at all. For example, Rosetta Stone 3.4.5, although able to detect my microphone, is not able to pick up my voice. My microphone works fine in native Linux apps (GNOME voice recorder, Audacity, etc.)

Any suggestions on how I might fix this? I would REALLY like to be able to use Rosetta Stone to it's fullest extent without having to boot into my Windows partition!  :P

thanks!