[Wine] Re: Visual C++ runtime library error

InterestedParty wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Feb 11 11:01:28 CST 2010

You say install them properly through winetricks, by them what are you refering to? My windows version is set to windows XP for  default applications. I'm assuming you just want me to install the visual c++ programs so I did. When I run the program now I get

Code:
wine BFBC2Game.exe
err:service:load_reg_multisz Error 1804 while reading value L"DependOnService"
err:service:scmdatabase_load_services Error 1804 reading registry key for service L"TVersityMediaServer" - skipping
fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.VC80.CRT" (8.0.50727.4053)
err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP80.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Electronic Arts\\Battlefield Bad Company 2 - BETA\\BFBC2Game.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library MSVCR80.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Electronic Arts\\Battlefield Bad Company 2 - BETA\\BFBC2Game.exe") not found
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program Files\\Electronic Arts\\Battlefield Bad Company 2 - BETA\\BFBC2Game.exe" failed, status c0000135

So the dll it needs is 'missing' but I can locate it in winesxs under a directory.