[Wine] Re: Windows app demanding dialup networking - registry entry?

DaveInPhx wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Feb 11 21:57:04 CST 2010

Posting from the affected machine:

I updated the package via Synaptic to the highest release available - 1.1.31-0ubuntu3 on the wine1.2-dev package.

This isn't really a Wine bug, as far as I can tell, but the windows install package for this application insists on finding DUN and aborts the install if it is not found.  The package will also search for ie and fail if that isn't found too.

The package is a custom built VPN interface for airline employees to access their schedules remotely, so my friend is kind of stuck without it. Work around will be to set up a dual boot for windows just for this one package!

What I'm looking for is a way to get DUN to appear to be installed under wine so that this package will behave itself!