[Wine] 4-Bit Toolbars: Bad colors in rendered icons

tonyjaconette wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Feb 12 01:55:43 CST 2010

I am running a program that uses 4-bit toolbars and the color of the icons do not show up correctly. The application relies on GDIplus.dll, MFC42.dll (e.g. vcrun6), and comctl32.dll.

I found a tip about setting comctl32.dll to "native" mode but that did not solve the problem. I don't have any idea why the icons are showing up blackened, but I do notice that when the button is selected, the icon looks normal, as it would in native windows.

Here is a link to the image of the toolbar that I captured with a screen shot.
http://www.exactron.com/ge/
[Image: http://www.exactron.com/ge/TopToolbar.png ]

I am running Wine (and WineBottler) Version 1.1.35, OS X 10.6, Mac Pro (8Core 3.0GHz, 8GB ram).

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and please let me know if anyone needs any more information.