[Wine] Re: gdiplus error after Simplified Chinese is installed

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Feb 12 17:28:43 CST 2010

ctd wrote:
> The problem persists after changing the language back to English(US), and I set my system language to English for the trace captured below.  This is on OpenSuse11.1, with Wine v. 1.1.38.  Other stuff:
> -The application works fine before the language change.
> -Changing the language to Simplified Chinese in OpenSUSE11.1 causes ~60 packages to be installed, including fonts, translations, and scim.

Did this app work in a previous version of Wine? 1.1.38 changed the default load order for gdiplus. Previously, Wine would favor native gdiplus installed by the app itself, now it favors builtin. Try setting an override for gdiplus in winecfg.

Scim is known to cause problems.  Disable it when using Wine.