[Wine] No keyboard input when running RollerCoaster Tycoon 3

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 14 22:27:52 CST 2010

alex.graeff wrote:
> Be forewarned, I am new to Linux.  I am using Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic Koala).  I have installed wine (1.1.38) and I am able to run RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 both with and without a virtual desktop.  It runs with no problems except for the fact that it does not receive keyboard commands!  I have looked all over the Internet and still have yet to find a solution.  Someone help, please!
>
> I haven't installed any other programs under Wine, but I tested keyboard input with Notepad and it worked just fine.

Can you run the program from the terminal and post back what happens
when you press keys?

See

http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#run_from_terminal

in our FAQ on how to run your program from the command line and

http://wiki.winehw.org//FAQ#get_log

on how to create a log file

If the output is rather large, please post it to a site like pastebin.com.

Thank you.

James McKenzie