[Wine] Re: Need some feedback on this Printing Solution

oiaohm wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Feb 15 03:02:05 CST 2010

linuxprinting.org  requires some tolerance.   It hangs.  Wait it unhangs itself.

Ok the javascript error is also simple to avoid go to blank before going to a different brand.  Problem disappears.  These are things that could be in a side instructions by helpful people to site.

I am sorry that the driver these days is broken.   The big issue here is that canon does not officially support many Linux's.   judgedredd.

http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Canon-PIXMA_IP1500

Installing old SUSE 9.1 packages on ubuntu is also fun.

There are a few companies that do officially provide driver support for Linux with printers.

http://software.canon-europe.com/products/0010171.asp  by canon is not even offically support to work with Linux.

Yes Linux personal are just sometime over determed to make stuff work.  Really the Linux world might need to take more of the apple world point of view.  No support from hardware maker you try to use it bad luck.  I don't know if that is better.