[Wine] Re: Does Wine support the NVIDIA 7186 drivers?

pickles95 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Feb 15 06:07:44 CST 2010

Thunderbird, thanks for the info.

So in answer to my query title, I assume "no, wine does not support these old cards/drivers" wrt 3D. Fair enough for such an old card I suppose.

The motherboard is an old Asus A7V, it has an AGP Pro slot (which it claims supports such cards as Asus AGP-v6800DDR/64M). NOTE its not a 6800, its a GF-256 card). The motherboard also runs my GF2-GTS of course.

What the oldest, and therefore hopefully cheapest, card thats likely to work in it, and that Wine still supports? I assume any AGP(AGP PRO slot) card should fit and basically function? but whats the oldest 3D NV drivers that wine still supports and is likely to support for the immediate future?

Is this info listed somewhere?

For example, should an FX5xxx range card be OK, or will it require a 6xxx range card - assuming I can find an AGP(pro slot) card in the first place.

As I say, its an old pc, not worth spending a lot on, but if I see a cheap card at a computer show/fair that should function, I may risk a few £s.

Thanks for your info.