[Wine] dimesio - Wine version

jesse wilson jessemichaelwilson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 01:28:08 CST 2010

jesse wilson wrote:
>> Following the instructions from the appdb (except I used the wine
>> configuration tool instead of editing the file directly), I attempted
>> to get SmartGo working by setting SmartGo to use a native mlang.dll,
>> which I installed to the ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32 folder.

>Those instructions are from a test report from 2007--that's >ancient. Have you tried starting the program without the override? >And I don't see anywhere what version of Wine you're using. If >it's not the latest development release, upgrade.

I'm running wine 1.1.31. I'm not sure the exact version matters that
much here, but I'll try with the very latest one. Yes, I've tried
running SmartGo2 without the override and it does not work -  It shows
a splash screen and gets stuck on it. But come to think of it, I have
not looked at the error message without the override. Doing that
now...

rogue at BetaCentauri:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/SmartGo2$ wine SmartGo.exe
fixme:mlang:fnIMultiLanguage2_CreateConvertCharset

So it definitely looks like it needs the native mlang.dll as stated in
appdb. But somehow it's not working on mine, the dll is not getting
loaded. If anyone wants to see if this problem is reproducible on
their own systems, they can download the demo of smartgo2 at
http://www.smartgo.com/en/index.htm.