[Wine] ut2004

skarychinezeguie wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Feb 16 15:34:48 CST 2010

I'm having problems with the mouse in UT2004. it appears that the desktop mouse and the game mouse are not locked together. when the desktop mouse reaches the right side of the screen and stops, the game mouse stops in the middle of the screen. moving the mouse back to the left, the game mouse stops at the edge of the screen, and when the desktop mouse stops at the left side, both cursors appear to be kind of in line, but never for very long. and that's just the game menu. In-game i get eratic mouse movement with similar issues and limited looking and turning capabilities.

I tried every possible combination of settings. I added the ut2004.exe to the applications tab and went to the graphics tab and checked each setting individually and with various combinations, i even tried the last recommendation by hellork which was to use the dinput library exception. still no go. I even edited the UT2004.ini file to show my correct display resolution.

it appears to be limiting my turning radius to between 90-180 degrees, which makes it hard to watch your back.

There is a linux installer on my disc but i had problems with it the last time i tried and i'd really like to get it working in wine.