[Wine] Dell Printer Software

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 17:22:40 CST 2010

On 16 February 2010 22:47, ajbarnes <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> The driver is included with Dell's software suite that makes all the bells and whistles work. I really would like the feature of scanning an image, and it send via WiFi over my network.
> When I try installing the Dell printing software using WineBottler on Snow Leopard, the setup starts and says:
> "The Windows Spooler Service cannot be started. Installation of your printer cannot continue until you correct this problem."

This is a page of developer notes from 2008 on printing in Wine:

http://wiki.winehq.org/Printing

This includes no plans to implement the Windows Spooler Service, as
CUPS does spooling just fine.

OTOH, you have a real-life application that claims to need it ... I'd
suggest filing a Wine bug! (Is the Dell software downloadable for devs
to test with?)

- d.