[Wine] Problems with Wine on FreeBSD

atalaras wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Feb 19 18:32:48 CST 2010

I have recently upgraded to FreeBSD 8.0 from 7.1. Under 7.1 i used a copy of wine i got from winehq, 1.1.13, compiled myself and used it to  run Firefox. It ran flawlessly firefox. I prefer to use Windows firefox as it is better than native firefox, much better and flash also works better, or did work fine under FreeBSD 7.1 but not now. So i would like to help find out what has changed and why it no longer works.

after upgrading to FreeBSD 8.0, now the firefox screens appear to be somewhat corrupted, the fonts appear to be off or not the correct fonts and sometimes the graphics look corrupted or damaged. It looks like there may be problems with compositing perhaps. One possibility is a problem with with the X Render library was one of my guesses but i dont know if that is it. I have actually tried both my old 1.1.13 and 1.1.38 (also from winehq) and get the same results with bad graphics and fonts. It seems like something may have changed with FreeBSD's X.org between 7.1 and 8.0 and this broke Wine but this is only a guess. I can post a screenshot if needed and would like to help with some further diagnostics of this issue.

thank you