[Wine] X Error 136 running all games from terminal

Virgo wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Feb 20 09:55:16 CST 2010

Hi all,
On my Ubuntu (9.10) Wine (1.1.39 but also previous versions) has a strange behavior: if I run a game double clicking on the file on windows manager I can play without problems; but if I run the same game from terminal I get:

fixme:mixer:ALSA_MixerInit No master control found on USB camera, disabling mixer
fixme:mixer:ALSA_MixerInit No master control found on HDA ATI HDMI, disabling mixer
X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
  Major opcode of failed request:  136 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  5 (X_GLXMakeCurrent)
  Serial number of failed request:  275

and the program terminates. I used the following:

wine start /unix .wine/drive_c/Giochi/GTA\ SA/GTA\ San\ Andreas/gta_sa.exe

If I type:
wine .wine/drive_c/Giochi/GTA\ SA/GTA\ San\ Andreas/gta_sa.exe
or
wine "C:\Giochi\GTA SA\GTA San Andreas\gta_sa.exe"
the process seems to go sleeping (but it doens't die) but the game doesn't start.

This happens on all games.
Any suggestions?

Thanks