[Wine] Re: overdrive media console

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Feb 21 20:40:22 CST 2010

I was curious enough about this one to download it (the library here uses it too) and try it out.

It installs and runs in 1.1.39. First you have to install WMP9 with winetricks, then set the Windows version to Vista in winecfg before running the Overdrive installer to get past bug 17622.

It installed fine for me with those two tweaks, and I was able to download and play an mp3 audiobook from my local library. But the "Windows Media Player Security Upgrade" does not work, so it will not work with DRM-protected WMA files (as I expected).