[Wine] Eve Online in Ubuntu

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Tue Feb 23 09:52:30 CST 2010

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 17:29, Muskiet <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Thanx for your reply.
> I used ALT-F2 to start xkill, which didn't work when Eve freezes during logging in, I'll try to use CTRL-ALT-F1 next time (which I didn't yet know about).
> Also how can I enable kill X with CTRL-ALT-BKSPC?

The link I posted contains some vague instructions hidden somewhere....

http://www.ubuntugeek.com/howto-enable-ctrl-alt-backspace-in-ubuntu-jaunty.html
has an easier way as well as details for editing the X.org config
manually...

If you log to a file, it should have a lot of detail if you manage to
kill the process.... (wineserver -k should do it from a text-mode /
SSH console logged in as your user....) (If you are using WINEPREFIX
you should set that up as well...) (SSH has the advantage that it is
more reliable, since the keyboard isn't involved, but it does require
a second PC...)

Gert