[Wine] Wine and World of Warcraft

Morningmist wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Feb 23 18:33:30 CST 2010

I just want you to know I have been at this since like 10am when the problem started.  Its like 4:22pm.

I have been playing Wow with wine for over a year, and occasionally there are hiccups along the way and so I consult all the good old wine wiki and all the wonderful places out there that give out advice on how to fix your issues.

So today there were some updates on my plate for my linux which is Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala and the Wine I am on is 1.1.38.  One of the updates I got this morning was a Wine update and I confess I did not give it a close look as I had just woke up and was getting ready to work.

Now I played Wow last night for several hours with no problem however this morning after I got done working I tried to start my Wow and got a fatal error which resulted in it not working all.  I did alot of things that I found searching on my own and I finally got it to a point where I can log in and select my character.  But I have found that it crashes right after the loading bar ends on the loading screen.  It has also crashed on adjusting my video settings to lowest etc.

Considering it was working last night just fine and all the crashing has happened today I have to wonder if the update that I wish I had paid more attention to may have changed something making wow not work.

I am not sure what other info you may need about my computer to help me trouble shoot this problem.  I am hoping this is the right place to come and ask.  Here is a crash log via pastebin.

http://morningmist.pastebin.com/2WiLRT8E

I am guessing its also related to my video card but heh I hope you can help.

MorningMist [Laughing]