[Wine] To update Wine?

Muskiet wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Feb 23 19:20:38 CST 2010

I have Wine 1.1.38 installed:

> $ wine --version
> wine-1.1.38-74-gb3b81ab

Due to problems with Eve Online under Wine running in Ubuntu 9.10 32 bit on an AMD 2600+ with 1 GB of DDR and a 1 GB ATI HD 4650 AGP I have tried just about anything to update 1.1.38 to 1.1.39.

I have tried the following:
The result of "sudo apt-get install wine" is:

> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> or been moved out of Incoming.

>   wine: Depends: wine1.2 but it is not going to be installed
> E: Broken packages

The result of "sudo apt-get install wine1.2 is:

> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> wine1.2 is already the newest version.
> 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 23 not upgraded.

If I try to remove Wine using "sudo apt-get autoremove wine" or "sudo apt-get remove wine" I get:

> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> Package wine is not installed, so not removed
> 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 23 not upgraded.

I've tried some other things, but I honestly don't know any more.
Does anybody have some more advice?