[Wine] Re: Screen goes white while playing WonderKing

JackLantern wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Feb 23 19:42:08 CST 2010

Thanks for the tips!

But is it worth trying 2.4? How would I go about using MacPorts and what does it do?

After installing Xquartz 2.3 the game now runs up to the "loading" screen before crashing on windowed mode, and gets a "CreateDevice failed" and quits on full screen.

According to the WonderKing forums, the error is caused either by the game not supporting the screen resolution or the video card's drivers and/or DirectX is/are out of date or have incorrect settings.

The computer's graphical card is an ATI Radeon HD 2400, which you said should be fine.

I tried running it with the recommended resolution, but nothing changed.

As for DirectX, I have no idea how that works with wine, but the game needs at least 9.0 with Direct3d Acceleration enabled.

Thanks for any help.