[Wine] Building latest Wine-GIT on AMD64 still fails

Quix0r wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Feb 24 05:02:20 CST 2010

I have Debian Unstable AMD64 on a truly 64-bit CPU (Intel Core 2 Quad) but still I have this failure:

Code:
checking whether ccache gcc -m32 works... no
configure: error: Cannot build a 32-bit program, you need to install 32-bit development libraries.

With 32-bit packages it worked like a charm. :) On my system I just need to call "./configure" to get it working.

I have the following extra environment variables:

Code:
declare -x CXX="ccache g++"
declare -x CXXFLAGS="-g -O0"
declare -x CC="ccache gcc"

So compilation of so much code doesn't hurt so much... ;) And gives nice trackbacks for debugging.

I tried to following these instructions (http://wiki.winehq.org/WineOn64bit#head-64ba498d52dd0a3ccae1c52c5d913d7aa692f9b1) but they ended up with this:

Code:
# apt-get install ia32-apt-get
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package ia32-apt-get is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source
E: Package ia32-apt-get has no installation candidate

Do I need some special repositories? I have usual plus some extra repos not relevant for Wine.

Any help is much appreciated. :)