[Wine] Re: mouse pointer disappears in the window of apps under win

guy_c wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Feb 24 06:29:05 CST 2010

vitamin wrote:
> Try upgrading to the latest Wine version (atm it's wine-1.1.39).

Well I have the exact same symptom with 1.1.39. I don't know if there are many installations with as small a memory as mine (?)

I tried, using alt and underlined character, the notepad and it seems to work but, once you activate a menu with alf <something> the mouse pointer disappears completely, even out of the notepad window until you exit the notepad at which point the cursor reappears exactly where left before the alt <something>

I tried foobar2000 (the very reason I want wine so badly). When launched, no character is underlined until you press alt (...). Pressing alt x (x = any underlined) always crashes foobar.

Although the mouse pointer disappears, the software follows the mouse as can be seen from visual feedback. So the mouse is usable but 'blindly'. If I ask for the vu meter (by driving the mouse blindly) I will see the pointer reappearing in the upper strip of the vu meter. If I drag the vu meter near the menu buttons it helps me point with the mouse the button of my choice. I can then convert files successfully.