[Wine] Re: mouse pointer disappears in the window of apps under win

guy_c wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Feb 25 07:42:47 CST 2010

dimesio wrote:
> One thing you can try is unchecking the options to allow the window manager to decorate/control the window settings (Graphics tab in winecfg).
>
> If that doesn't help, I really think the problem is that your limited hardware can't handle Wine running in a full-featured desktop like Gnome. Changing to a less bloated desktop manager might help.

After my lap has been stolen I started by installing on the old wreck debian squeeze with icewm then 'upgraded' to xfce but it was not that easy. Now that I discovered Ubuntu I don't want to change any more. If I am [very] lucky the stolen lap would be returned to me by the police.

As for the switch you refer to, I don't know where to find it in Ubuntu.

Honestly the mouse thing is not to big a limitation, at least for using foobar