[Wine] git pull != svn update ?

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 27 07:52:41 CST 2010

leniviy wrote:
> Please someone explain:
> I cloned wine.git 3 weeks ago; yesterday I did "git pull".
>
> The command
>
> Code:
>
> git reset --hard origin
>

> resets the repo to the state it was on Feb 6 and that's not what I want.
>
> I want only my own commits to be reset by this command, like it was until I did "git pull".
>
> In other words I want to sync the local repo with the remote, so it would be like erasing the repo and doing "git fetch" again.

The Wiki has a real nice page on how to use Wine's git.
http://wiki.winehq.org/GitWine  is the URL.

Commands:

git fetch; git rebase origin

should get you where you want to be.

BTW, this will reset the git to the current release state of Wine.  I
usually do this as I develop for Wine.

If you want to set to a specific version:

git reset --hard <wine-tag>

where wine tag is the Wine version.

James McKenzie