[Wine] Re: Wine Doesn't Detect Extra Drives

WarKirby wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Feb 27 09:57:20 CST 2010

Thunderbird wrote:
> In winecfg you need to set the drives up

I explained that I'd already tried several things in the wine config, so I don't know what to do with this advice. Can you be more specfic on how I would set them up?

> but really don't use Wine in combination with Windows partitions, you can easily mess up your Windows installation, break programs and also mess up Wine. Most programs don't work from a Windows partition due to missing registry keys and dlls.

What's the alternative, wipe 300 GB of apps and reinstall everything?

I find that a lot things actually work ok. Poser 7, for example, has worked for me across about 5 different windows installs, and now ubuntu too. It seems to have everything it needs self contained in it's own directory.

For things that don't, then I reinstall them as needed.