[Wine] Screen goes white while playing WonderKing

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 27 21:39:02 CST 2010

JackLantern wrote:
> Virtual desktop helped a lot! Now on full screen I can log in, move around, and attack stuff. The BGM doesn't appear to work, but the sound effects do. Windowed mode still crashes. After about 30 seconds I get a "Socket Send Error!!" Which is apparently when something is blocking or tampering with the connection between you and the server. Then, if I'm battling monsters, I get a "Disconnected from the server" pop up and the game crashes. If I'm not, I really can't do anything else. So then to play again I have to quit and then start X11, log in and then it lets me play for around 20 more seconds.
>
> To start the app, I go to the wonderking folder and double click on the "Load.exe" file, and tell it to run directly.
>
> I got Wine and WineBottler from Here (http://www.kronenberg.org/download.php?download=http://mirrors2.nolabelstudios.com/mikesmassivemess/files/WineBottlerCombo_1.1.35.dmg&filename=WineBottlerCombo_1.1.35.dmg&project=WineBottler&sponsorName=Hazelmind&sponsorURL=www.hazelmind.com/hazelstore/store/sample&sponsorBanner=http://www.hazelmind.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/bannersample.jpg) and I think I just dragged them to the applications folder after mounting the disk image.

Those are Mike Kronenberg's builds and WineBottler is definitely a beta
level product in and of itself.

If you want to play your game full screen try WineSkin, which doh123
supports OR get the trial version of CrossOver.  This is a
commercialized product brought to you by CodeWeavers.  They have figured
out how to work around the brokenness in MacOSXs X11 to fix things.

The best solution though would to be a native Aqua 'wrapper' around Wine
that would allow the use of the Windows32 API with the native MacOSX
windowing system.

Keep on trying with the game.  There are improvements to Wine all the time.

James McKenzie