[Wine] Wine Install issues on Leopard(Mac)

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 28 12:50:06 CST 2010

piampri wrote:
> When I run the following install command for wine, I get the following error related to endian format.
>
> I am using an Intel Mac machine. What could be wrong here ?
>

> pia-pringles-macbook:~ piampri$ sudo port install -d wine-devel
> --->  Computing dependencies for wine-devel
> --->  Fetching wine-devel
> Error: wine-devel can only be used on an Intel Mac or other computer with a little-endian processor.
> Error: Target org.macports.fetch returned: incompatible processor
> Before reporting a bug, first run the command again with the -d flag to get complete output

Click on the Apple in the top bar and then 'About this Mac'.

What type of processor gets reported back?

If it is NOT an Intel.... then MacPorts Wine will not work with it.  You
will have to find an X86 emulator to run Windows programs, and they will
run very slowly, if at all with Wine.

James McKenzie