No subject

Tue Feb 23 11:03:59 CST 2010

At the moment, i'm depending on the version that came pre-configured with WINE 1.2 rc5.

A question, though.....if I run winetricks via gksu winetricks, as opposed to sh winetricks, does that make a difference on how it will save the settings on my account?

Cause I can only run it as gksu....sh does not work...it says:

Code:
/usr/bin$ sh winetricks
winetricks: 3824: cannot create /home/ready2rumbelx/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/zenity.sh: Permission denied
winetricks: 3824: cannot create /home/ready2rumbelx/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/zenity.sh: Permission denied
sh: Can't open /home/ready2rumbelx/.wine/dosdevices/c:/winetrickstmp/zenity.sh

Is this normal? Does winetricks running as 'root' save the necessary settings applicable for Wine on my account/profile?

Cheers.

r2rX  :D