[Wine] No MIDI devices in wine

Klaus-Peter Schrage kpschrage at gmx.de
Fri Jan 1 13:07:06 CST 2010

I'd want to run the windows editor for my guitar preamp (VOX Tonelab SE)
which is connected to the MIDI in and out sockets of my soundcard. The
program installs and starts without any problems under wine but it can't
find any MIDI ports.

MIDI works fine otherwise in Linux - I can read from and write to the
sockets with arecordmidi and aplaymidi, but there are no MIDI devices
visible in winecfg. I can only see the Wave ins and outs of the
PulseAudio, Jack and Esound drivers in the audio tab (BTW, Pulse works
fine for me in wine).

I haven't fiddled with MIDI under wine for a long time now, but, if my
memory doesn't fool me, there used to be some MIDI devices.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.
Klaus

FWIW:
- Fedora 12