[Wine] msxml4 install error: err:richedit:ReadStyleSheet...

YarDYar wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jan 2 06:26:51 CST 2010

Hi All,

I am running ubuntu 9.04, and am trying to install and register msxml4.dll.
I have tried installing msxml4.dll a number of ways including winetricks, and downloading the files directly from the microsoft website. I've uninstalled wine a few times (deleting my .local and .config files each time).
No matter what I change, I always get the same error:
err:richedit:ReadStyleSheet ReadStyleSheet: skipping optional destination

I have posted this on ubuntu forums
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1367953&highlight=msxml4
and someone who previously had it running tried it on ubuntu 9.10, and it didn't work for him either.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated!

Yar