[Wine] gekkeiju online running, now just need shaders

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 2 20:47:52 CST 2010

dimesio wrote:
> tenclouds wrote:
>
>> Thanks. I will do that.
>>
>> At this point I've also installed Playonlinux with a more up to date version of wine. I must have botched something because now both the Playonlinux installation and the wine 1.01 installation crash.
>>
>> My plan from here is to scrap it all, uninstall and start fresh. I will let you know how it goes.
>>

> PlayOnLinux is not supported here. When you "start fresh," do it with plain Wine, preferably the latest development version.

Clarification:

Remove PlayOnLinux.
Remove Wine-1.0.1
Delete or move the Wine installation files in your home directory (.wine
or other directory you specified)
Reboot your system (I know this should not be needed, but I've learned
this from fifteen + years working with UNIX)
Install Wine-1.1.35 (Wine 1.2 on Ubuntu Karmic)
Install your program.  This will create a new .wine for the current
version of Wine).
Run the program.
Report problems here. If you can, run the program in a terminal session
to see what happens and to generate a log file.
Post log file to pastebin.com
Post URL here so that we can go review it.

If the shaders are still not working, look for a similar or exact
duplicate bug report on Wine Bugzilla.  If the bug exists, VOTE FOR IT.

James McKenzie