[Wine] No Sound in Wine, but it's only for one program!

ILuvMontyPython wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jan 3 15:01:15 CST 2010

I am using Kubuntu/ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic Koala) and have Wine installed.

I have perfect sound in my OS and I can play games (Roller Coaster Tycoon) in Wine no problem, with great sound.

but when I try to use my Ear Training cd I can open the program and use it fine, but theres no sound what so ever.

the cd works in windows computers perfectly with sound, just not in wine.

I HAVE changed all the settings in winecfg to all the different audio setting (oss, alsa, jack, etc.) and also changed the version of windows used in wine, with no luck.

any ideas?