[Wine] Re: AutoCAD 2004 crashes using Ubuntu 9.10 and Wine 1.1.33

NSLW wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jan 5 12:40:47 CST 2010

vitamin wrote:

> King84 wrote:
> > I Also have installed playonlinux 3.6
>
> That this is not supported here and proven to brake Wine for many apps.
>
> Get the latest Wine version (wine-1.1.35), remove ~/.wine directory and reinstall ACAD.

Why it breaks Wine and how it's related to ~/.wine directory? What if King84 has something installed in that directory? Will your advise let him save his files or lost everything he has there?
Isn't wine-1.1.35 development release? Wouldn't it break applications he uses because of regressions?

vitamin wrote:

> King84 wrote:
> > I'm just wondering:
> > are you for real when you say that PlayOnLinux is proved to crash wine in some way?
>
> Yes, it alters Wine's configuration. This is why it's not supported here.

Does PlayOnLinux change configuration always to be wrong so it's bad software? Does PlayOnLinux goal is to crash Wine?

You give many statements but there is no prove for them so I think you may be lying.

BTW. If above is true then we have to hurry up and notify someone who administrates Ubuntu or Debian repo so he could remove it from officially available packages. Evil software shouldn't be spreading over the world.