[Wine] Re: AutoCAD 2004 crashes using Ubuntu 9.10 and Wine 1.1.33

King84 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jan 5 13:00:19 CST 2010

Men, we're creating a big mess and I'm sorry for coming up with these doubts on both fronts.
Anyway I have BIG problems in installing wine.
I can't understand how to do it!
The guide, here, is http://www.winehq.org/download/deb very nice, I follow the isntructions but it doesn't work!
I added the "ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa" line in the third party software thing, it downloads something like 50 files and then says a lot of things and:
Error GPG: http://repository.cairo-dock.org karmic Release: Following things aren't valid: NODATA 1 NODATA 2.
It says that the file that already is installed will be used.
Ok, I go on.
Then it says: "go to Applications->Add/Remove or click this link"
I'm a lazy person, so i click the link (which appears to be only "apt://wine").
I click ok and then it says "impossible to install. please repair damaged packages before".
So I go in Ubuntu Software center, but I can only choose "wine dummy package" from there. So I go in synaptic package manager and choose
-wine1.2
-wine1.2-gecko
-wine
-wine1.2-dev
-wine1.2-dbg
i would have liked to install also "wine" and "wine-dev" but it says I can't because of some reason. Let'go on.
Download starts.....my god, it's 20MB....alright let's wait.
It says I have to wait 20minutes. let's wait.