[Wine] Re: Having some issues w/ Wine+Deb

pyrocide wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jan 5 18:05:46 CST 2010

Ok, I have gotten it to work by running the command line. Only a couple problems.

I do not have a K-Menu item under wine for Steam or Team Fortress 2. I'd prefer to have a desktop icon instead of having to run it from the CLI but everytime i request a desktop icon it says its been placed their but nothing is placed there.

One other thing, when I installed Unreal and Guildwars and City of Heroes it all went to this directory
Code:
/home/pyrocide/.wine/drive_c/Program Files

, but with Steam it installed to this directory
Code:
/root/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Steam

. Is there any reason for this and a way to have them put in the same director; i believe this is the reason I donthave a K-Menu item for Steam.

Thanks for your help vitamin, by the way. Sorry to be such a hassle.