[Wine] Re: Browse/Open File Dialogue Slow

Birger wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jan 6 11:50:06 CST 2010

I have used Wine for a year running Dreamweaver and PhotoShop. No, problems until just before Christmas. Then Wine became unusable because opening/ browsing directories is very slow. Opening a file after the 30 seconds wait is fast and normal. The CPUs are running at almost 100% when "hanging", and the winedevice.exe process has status pipe_wait.

I remember that after upgrading to 1.1.35 it asked to download some drivers. Wine has never done this before. I regret that I did not note details on this.

Have tried to uninstall and reinstall several times, but the problem is still there. Could anybody help?