[Wine] Re: Problem in configuring (need help PLS)

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jan 7 09:46:56 CST 2010

verve wrote:
> Ok i have AMD Phenom 9550 quad-core processor
> ATI Radeon HD 3600 PCI (3series) 2GB of ram 2.2GHz
> when i was using Win 7 the newest games were great enough on my PC but when i came to Ubuntu and i started using Wine i dont know how to configure it....
> so please if anyone have time can you please tell me what to do to play games on fullscreen and on good graphics
>

> P.S. Sorry for bad english...
> Thanks...                  :?

There's no one answer to your question. How to configure Wine varies from game to game, and not all games work in Wine. Check the AppDB for information on the particular games you want to run; many entries have howtos that will tell you about any special tweaks that are needed.

If a game the AppDB says should work doesn't work on your system even after trying all the recommended tweaks, post console output.

Some general advice I can give you is to upgrade to the latest development release of Wine if you're not using it already, and make sure you have the latest drivers installed for your graphics card. You should also be aware that Linux graphics drivers are not the equivalent of Windows ones, so even if a game ran fine on the same hardware in Windows it may not work in Wine due to deficiencies in the graphics driver. ATI cards/drivers are known to have problems in Wine; nVidia cards work best.