[Wine] Xeltek SuperPro III Programer

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Fri Jan 8 07:52:15 CST 2010

On Thu, 2010-01-07 at 14:23 -0600, mrossi wrote:
> Martin, thanks for your answer.
>
> I try ls -l /dev/lp*:
>
> crw-rw----1 root lp6,  0    /dev/lp0
>
> The first option I dont know how I can do that. I dont know if lp
> group exist. How I can find the WINE user?

Use the Users and Groups tool in the System Administration menu.

> I try the second adding
> chmod uga+rw /dev/lp0 to the /etc/rc.local
> (/etc/rc.d not exist).
> Reboot.
> I try again ls -l /dev/lp*:
>
> crw-rw-rw-1 root lp6,  0    /dev/lp0
>
> and nothing, the SP3 software cant access the parallel port

Thats changed the /dev/lp0 access permissions to the settings you need.

Now add the LPT1: symlink in dos_devices as others suggested. I missed
that because I've not yet tried to access a parallel device from Wine
and also because, although I needed to change permissions on serial
devices, I didn't need to add any COMn: symlinks to use them.

Martin