[Wine] Re: Zbrush on wine is not starting

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jan 9 10:11:48 CST 2010

danilo2 wrote:
> Hi!
> I've installed the newest wine on my fedora (by yum install wine)
> And I've installed Zbrush 3.5 r3 on it. when I'm trying to execute:
> wine "c:\programy\zbrush35r3\zbrush.exe"
>
> I'm getting:
> Trying to load PE image for unsupported architecture (I386)
> Trying to load PE image for unsupported architecture (I386)
>
> What should I do? are there any versions of wine?
> my yum search gives me:
> "wine.i686 : A Windows 16/32/64 bit emulator
> wine.x86_64 : A Windows 16/32/64 bit emulator
> ..."
>
> so according to it wine.x86_64 could emulate 32 bit programms am I right?
> thank you :)

64 bit Wine is experimental, doesn't run any real apps yet, and at present can't coexist with 32 bit Wine. Unfortunately, Fedora has been foisting it on unwitting users. Remove all x86_64 Wine packages and install only the i686 ones. If you're not sure how or what packages to install, search the forum, because this has come up several times.