[Wine] Hardware requirements for running Wine+CAD software

ipse lute wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jan 12 04:02:29 CST 2010

Does anyone know what hardware requirements are necessary for running CAD/BIM software under Wine? Anyone tried running Autocad-like or architectural software under wine, and to what avail? Any particular examples will be much apreciated. I would like to run BIM software under Wine within a popular linux distro like Mandriva or Debian-based, but i'm afraid it will run too slow. Running such software under linux will save me some RAM? Will i gain some CPU speed?