[Wine] Sreen rotated

Darragh Bailey felix at compsoc.nuigalway.ie
Wed Jan 13 05:29:34 CST 2010

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 05:12:31PM -0600, MarianoC wrote:
> Hi, I'm trying to play PES2010 in my notebook, but when it starts the screen turns down or something like that. Here are the the images.
>
> This image was taken using Vertex Shader in winecfg.
> [Image: http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/3893/201001121910161280x800s.png ] (http://img137.imageshack.us/i/201001121910161280x800s.png/)
>
> and the log is:
>
> Code:
> err:winediag:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo Direct rendering is disabled, most likely your OpenGL drivers haven't been installed correctly

This first error message describes the problem in its entirity, the
driver your Intel card is using doesn't have proper OpenGL support, as a
result the graphics will fail to display correctly.

see
http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-8bab60b51c95da77a1fc4737006d0c2aeb141647

You need to go to your distribution forum and get help on installing the
intel drivers for your graphics card and verify that you have "Direct
Rendering" support.

Then try running PES2010 again, and see how well it works.

--
Darragh

"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."